My First Swim Meet
- Check out the events section in Team Unify and "edit commitment" for meets that your swimmer qualifies for!
- Choose individual races, indicate special needs through the events portal.
- Make sure to "save changes" on your meet sign up!!
- Coaches with then go through the races you signed up for and can approve and/or add more events at their discretion.
- Use the "Job Sign Up" tab to sign up for timing seats, etc.
- You will be billed directly through TU and emailed by your coach when you're swimmers' entries are approved.
- Organized by A/B/C levels, with A being at the top.
- All time standards are posted on the San Diego Swimming website!
- As swimmers go to more meets, they are given the opportunity to achieve higher standards.
- Go beyond A times (JO Qualifications, Zones/Far Westerns, etc).
|JO = Junior Olympics (and beyond)||Specific times usually above A times|
|A Times||One step below JO|
|B Times||One step below A|
|C Times||All times below B standards|
- Meets can be combined (A/B, B/C, A/B/C meets).
- Coaches have the discretion of signing swimmers up for meets above their qualifications in specific cases - contact us!
I'm qualified and signed up, now what?
- Meet information, including timelines, heat sheets (if available), venue info, etc, is always sent out before the start of the meet via email.
- Arrive 15 minutes early before designated warm-up times (yes, it might be early!!)
- Make sure to bring your NCA gear:
- Cap and goggles
- NCA suit
- Parka/warm shoes/hats (important to stay warm!)
- Towels (1 per event)
- Snacks and drinks!
- Sharpie for "arm-marks"
- When swimmers check their posted heats and lanes they should write it down on their arms:
- Event #
- Swimmers ALWAYS check in and out with their coaches before races.
- We encourage the swimmers to come up to us on their own, without parents. Parents can stand outside the tarps.
- DO NOT try to talk to the officials, they are busy. If you have questions or concerns, come directly to us and we will try to settle the matter.
- Directly approaching an official could result in removal from the deck.
- As per USA Swimming, there is NO photography behind the blocks/starting area.
- Swimmers race hard and HAVE FUN!